The Eastside Heritage Center (EHC) in Bellevue seeks a Communications Intern to assist with a range of communications projects. Candidates will gain fundamental skills and knowledge of working in Communications for a non-profit organization.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with press releases, quarterly newsletters, donor and membership updates.
- Help to maintain donor relationships.
- Assist Membership Chairperson with membership database, renewal & thank you letters, etc.
- Maintain email contact list for marketing programs and sending monthly e-updates.
- Write reports and project summaries.
- Support the planning and coordination of direct mail, annual appeal and membership campaigns.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Currently enrolled in or recent graduate of communications, public relations, marketing, or related field.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and successful at meeting deadlines
- Able to juggle multiple projects at one time
- Familiarity with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Publisher); the ability to work with electronic databases (knowledge of Past Perfect museum software a plus)
Dates & Hours:
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to EHC Executive Director, Heather Trescases, E-Mail: email@example.com or fax 425.450.1050.
- On-going internship that follows the school’s academic calendar. Requires a three-month commitment minimum (10-12 weeks) and a possibility of extending the internship if desired by both the intern and the EHC.
- 5 to 10 hours/week with flexible scheduling.