Public Events Intern
The Eastside Heritage Center (EHC) in Bellevue seeks a Public Events Intern to assist with the planning and implementation of special events, in particular the annual Strawberry Festival. Candidates will gain fundamental skills and knowledge of working in Event Planning for a non-profit organization.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the coordination and execution of special events.
- Compile and assemble post-event reports for sponsors and partners.
- Manage Strawberry Festival merchant, craft and food vendor coordination, communications and registration.
- Assist with other Strawberry Festival logistics, such as equipment rentals, permits, and signage.
- Assist with Strawberry Festival marketing, including development and placement of event flyers and posters, as well as the Festival program.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Currently enrolled in or recent graduate of communications, public relations, marketing, event planning or related field.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and successful at meeting deadlines
- Able to juggle multiple projects at one time
- Familiarity with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Publisher, Access).
- Ability and willingness to set-up events.
Dates & Hours:
- Requires a 5-month commitment minimum (February through June) and a possibility of extending the internship if desired by both the intern and the EHC.
- 5 to 10 hours/week with flexible scheduling.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to EHC Executive Director, Heather Trescases, E-Mail: email@example.com or fax 425.450.1050.