Robinswood Park Tennis Bubbles
This facility was constructed, or perhaps “inflated” is a better word, at Robinswood Park in 1974. The inflatable domes, called “bubbles,” were Bellevue’s first attempt at providing covered tennis courts for Eastside residents.
Unfortunately, the bubbles turned out to be more costly and less functional than anticipated. In 1987 the parks department deflated them and set to work on a more traditional structure. The new wooden building opened on June 4, 1988 with a ribbon-cutting, exhibition matches, and a clinic by tennis pro Tom Gorman.
To learn more about Bellevue and Eastside history, contact the Eastside Heritage Center at 425-450-1049 or visit www.EastsideHeritageCenter.org
Photo Caption: Robinswood Park tennis bubbles and parking lot in 1974. (Image Number: L 88.064.009a)
Donations to the